Close your eyes and breathe. Well, read the rest of this paragraph first, and then do that. What do you dream of doing with your life? If you could have a dream job and get paid for it, what would it be? No matter how outrageous it is, be honest with yourself. What is your day dream?
When Tammy asked herself that question, she realized she wanted to help change people’s lives by giving them financial freedom. After a tough start in life, she took the necessary steps to change her money beliefs with the intention of living her daydream, and now she wants to help you live yours!
How to Live Your Day Dream is a 3 Part Series that Tammy recently presented to young Entrepreneurs at University of Central Florida, in an effort to encourage them that they can do ANYTHING they want to do, they just have to dream it. For the next few weeks, I will blog/summarize her inspirational words on how to shape your future, mentally and financially, however, it should be noted that hearing Tammy present this in person is a life changing experience. If you, someone you know, or a group, would like to have Tammy Lally, the Money Coach, speak and enlighten, please contact her!
Part 1: Make The Commitment
Are you living with purpose? Before Tammy become the Money Coach, she was chasing money. She was experiencing the power of money – there was control, domination, separateness, and isolation. Mostly she felt powerless.
How does one get out of this all-time-low?
- List what is causing you pain and suffering. Be honest with yourself – no one needs to see this list, but you.
- Find supportive friends. If your friends are one your pain and suffering list, maybe it’s time to find new ones. In this process, it’s important to find someone to talk to, relate to, and bounce ideas/emotions/ and experiences off of.
- ASK FOR HELP. In Tammy’s experience, this was the first time in her life where she allowed herself to be vulnerable enough to let other people know she was in trouble and needed help.
Where can I find Help?
- TAMMY LALLY, THE MONEY COACH
- Less obvious – 12 step recovery meetings – Tammy had problems with alcohol and codependency and found ways to incorporate the lessons she learned in recovery to all aspects of her life. Yes, you can attend these meetings, even if you do not consider yourself an addict.
- Find a spiritual mentor. This is not a religious blog, but there is something to be said that spiritual enlightenment can help in all matters of life. If church isn’t for you, try yoga or meditation.
- Find your tribe. For Tammy, this was a group of women that supported each other and helped each other through their financial problems. In need of a tribe? Join us for our Money Circle – on the 2nd Saturday of every month! (See Facebook or Tammy for more details).
Without making the commitment to better yourself and your situation, you will remain in the day dream phase and never make it to the LIVING phase. What are you waiting for? Start today!
Stay tuned for Step 2: Hold the Vision.
In the meantime, reach out to Tammy Lally, the Money Coach, to guide you on your path of self-discovery. She can’t wait to hear from you!